California Common Core State Standards (CCCSS)
View the California Department of Education's Common Core State Standards:
- English Language Arts & Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects, adopted August 2010 and modified March 2013
- Mathematics, adopted August 2010 and modified January 2013
California Content Standards
View the California State Board of Education's Content Standards:
- History-Social Science Content Standards for California Public Schools, adopted October 1998
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) for California Public Schools, K-12, adopted September 2013
- Physical Education Model Content Standards for California Public Schools, adopted January 2005
- Visual and Performing Arts, adopted January 2001
California Common Core State Standards (CCCSS) en Español
The Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO), the California Department of Education (CDE), and the San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) proudly announce the Common Core en Español State Standards Initiative Translation Project.
This project provides the translation and linguistic augmentation of the California Common Core ELA/Literacy Standards and Math Standards to Spanish.
Frameworks for California Public Schools
View the California Department of Education's All Curriculum Frameworks.
- Draft 2014 Revision of the English Language Arts/English Language Development Framework, adopted July 2014
- Reading/Language Arts Framework for California Public Schools, adopted April 2006 and updated 2007
- History-Social Science Framework for California Public Schools, adopted October 2000, edition 2005
- 2013 Revision of the Mathematics Framework, adopted November 2013
- Mathematics Framework for California Public Schools, adopted March 2005
- Physical Education Framework for California Public Schools, adopted September 2008 and edited May 2009
- Science Framework for California Public Schools, adopted March 2004
Common Core Works Videos
Learn more about the Council of the Great City Schools' Common Core Works and watch their:
National PTA - Parents' Guide to Student Success
Common Core Connections to Service & Environmental Learning Opportunities
Explore the Invisible Walls: Learning Beyond the Classroom Toolkit website to connect to sites that feature field trips and learning opportunities both within and beyond the classroom.